The DMX Hub is a DMX distribution box with 2 dedicated input connectors and 10 configurable output connectors. All in- and output connectors conform to the new DMX 512-A standard. This allows half-duplex data transport on a normal DMX connection such as fixture talk back and RDM (ANSI E1.20).
The hub has 2 separate DMX zones with all outlets protected individually. The hub can be used to distribute 1024 dmx channels on the 2 DMX lines.
This all comes in a 19”, 1 unit high metal housing.
The hub has 10 configurable output connectors (default configuration with Neutrik 5 pin female). Every outlet has a tiny switch to select whether it’s connected to zone 1 or zone 2. In this way the user can configure the device to be used to his needs, defining every outlet separately to a zone. All outlets on the same zone are bi-directional and communicate together.
Bi-directionality can be disabled per zone. User can thus mix RDM and non RDM devices on the same DMX splitter.
The device operates with an AC voltage between 85V and 264V. The power management circuit regulates the internal power and loads the internal backup battery. The internal backup battery insures the operation of the complete unit for 30 minutes (when fully loaded). This means that during power failure, your DMX distribution is not interrupted and the complete optical and galvanic protection remains on every single outlet.
A tri-coloured LED next to the power switch indicates the power situation.
- 2 x DMX512-A in/outputs on 5 pin male XLR, with termination (RDM compliant)
- 10 x DMX512-A in/outputs on 5 pin female XLR, with termination (RDM compliant)
- 1 x IEC socket with fuse holder (90-260 VAC, 47-63 Hz)
- 2 x DMX512-A in/outputs on 5 pin male XLR on the back panel (identical to the 2 zone inputs on the front end)
- Availables connectors : Neutrik XLR 3 & 5 pins, Ethercon. Mixed configurations on demand